How to Clean Blackstone Griddle After Cooking?
A clean Blackstone griddle is nice to use for cooking your meat and BBQ. However, you should also maintain it to keep it in good condition. Dedicating some time to your busy schedule just for cleaning would be of great importance. Your Blackstone griddle would gain more longevity.
Cleaning your regular Blackstone griddle will help to maintain its original condition.
When first used, it should be cleaned to remove any residue from the manufacturing process and any dust that accumulates during transport.
Also, after each cooking, make sure to clean the grill. This way you can use the Blackstone grill to its full potential.
Also make sure to clean the rust, by wiping it with a layer of oil. In case the rust is hard, you can rub it off with a grilling stone.
So those are the basics of regular cleaning of your Blackstone griddles. Let’s find now
- What do you need to clean a Blackstone griddle?
- What are the steps to cleaning a Blackstone griddle for the first time?
- how to clean a Blackstone griddle after use?
- How to clean a rusty Blackstone griddle?
What do you need to clean a Blackstone griddle?
The tools you need to clean your Blackstone griddle are:
- Hot water
- A bucket
- A metal spatula or scraper.
- A brush or a non-metallic scouring pad.
- A cleaning solution: Don’t use aggressive cleaning products such as acid or chemicals, simply use a washing-up liquid.
- Paper towels or microfiber towels all as kitchen towels
- Grill pumice stone to remove carbon deposits, griddle, and grease.
- Cooking oil
- Heat-resistant gloves for working on hot grill surfaces.
What are the steps to clean a blackstone griddle for the first time?
So here are the steps for cleaning your blackstones griddle for the first time.
- Fill your bucket with hot water, then pour in liquid dishwasher soap and mix it all together.
- You can soak your microfiber towel in soapy water.
- Squeeze the microfiber towel until it is damp.
- After that, you can wipe the Blackstone griddle with a damp towel to remove dust residue and loose debris.
- Then rinse the cloth in the cleaning solution several more times, wiping the entire surface of the Blackstone griddle.
- Empty the bucket of soapy water and fill your bucket with warm water. Soak your towel in the warm water, wring it out and wipe the griddle surface to rinse off any remaining soap.
- You can dry the cooktop with paper towels to remove any moisture
- Let it air dry before seasoning it.
- Next, turn on your Blackstone griddle to high heat, then wait 10-15 minutes, after which the cooking surface will turn dark.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil to the Blackstone griddle cooking surface.
- Make sure you don’t pour too much oil as this will damage the surface of the griddle
- Use a paper towel to rub the oil onto the surface.
- Put on heat-resistant gloves and coat the sides and corners of the grill with oil.
- Keep the heat high until the oil burns off and stops smoking. You can repeat this 4 times
These are the steps for cleaning your Blackstone griddle for the first time. If you follow them, your Blackstone hob will last longer and work properly.
How to clean Blackstone Griddle after Use?
- So here’s how to clean your Blackstone griddle after your usual cooking.
- After cooking, let your Blackstone griddle, specifically the flat grill, cool down. But still, let it stay hot. Not totally cold.
- Take out your metal scraper and rinse or get rid of food particles stuck to the surface of the Blackstone griddle.
- If food sticks, spray it with hot water on any affected areas. Hot water is very effective in creating steam and loosening remaining food particles.
- Do not use soap to clean your Blackstone griddle that is already in use because the soap will leave residue and particles. This can affect your meal
- Scrub the surface of the Blackstone griddle carefully with a non-metallic scrubbing pad or brush. Avoid soap or wire brushes.
- Rinse off the debris and residual water with a paper towel.
- Finally use another paper towel or lint-free cloth to coat the Blackstone griddle with a little oil.
How to clean a rusty Blackstone griddle?
- Turn on your Blackstone grill to high heat. Put on your heat-resistant gloves. With heat, rust will come off very easily.
- Then, with a metal scraper, you can scrape off the heavy corrosion. Make sure that the surface of the Blackstone grill is dry. In any case, be careful not to damage the metal when scraping.
- Let the griddle cool down afterwards, then wipe off any loose rust with paper towels.
- Afterwards, you can pour 4 to 5 tablespoons of cooking oil on the surface of the Blackstone grill. Then rub the surface that has oil on it with a sanding stone. Work the corners and sides well, not just the rusty areas.
- Clean up by wiping off any remaining oil and rust debris with paper towels.
- In case you still notice rust, pour some cooking oil, then rub it in until the rust comes off completely.
- Finally, to protect against rust, season the surface of your Blackstone grill with fresh oil. And store your grill in a cool, dry place away from moisture.
To ensure the quality of the food you cook, and also to improve the functionality of the Blackstone griddle. Obviously, a clean Blackstone griddle will be very important.
Avoid using soap for cleaning, unless it is the first time. And don’t forget to season your griddle after each cleaning to prevent it from rusting and preserve the longevity of the non-stick surface of the Blackstone griddle