A material like a Pit Boss Griddle will help you to make very delicious BBQ peach wings, Chicken wings, banana, grilled vegetables, grilled-sacred chicken, grilled cheese sandwiches, french toast, bacon, cheesesteak, apple cinnamon pancakes, and more. As you have one now and are wondering about how to clean your Pit Boss griddle and maintain it. You are here in the right place to see how. Of course, keeping your stuff or materials clean and well maintained is very important for quality foods and for hygiene. Quality food comes only with the use of the best materials. Pit Boss griddle, it is made specially to give the best dishes results for the users. So that, you will get the best cooking experience worth like a five-star restaurant. Now get the best guide on the methods to keep your Pit Boss griddle for a long time to always serve you delicious dishes
So let’s see how to clean a Pit Boss griddle and how to keep it in good condition.
How to clean your Pit boss griddle for the first time?
Your griddle is special, the way you clean it has to be special too. It’s not like any other way of cleaning the same materials. There are several steps to cleaning a Pit boss griddle, and it requires attention and care.
In the first instance, it is not mandatory to have a griddle cleaning kit. But, if you have one, of course, you can make your life easier. By the way, we offer you an affordable method. So you don’t have to spend a huge amount of money on it.
Soap and water should only be used for the first time you are going to clean it. Follow the steps below carefully:
- Take a wet cloth, warm water, and soap. According to Pit Boss, this should be the only time you use soap and water.
- Wipe down the entire surface of the Pit boss griddle to remove any loose debris and prepare the seasoning.
- Dry with a paper towel
- Now you can heat your griddle at a high temperature.
- Then wait for 10 minutes or until the surface of the griddle becomes dark.
- Then you can add an oil like the linseed oil recommended by Pit boss or cooking oil that will also work.
Don’t add too much oil, otherwise, the seasoning will be ruined and form a sticky surface.
- Now you can use gloves or heatproof tongs to move the paper towel packets wrapped around the plate to distribute the oil around the surface of the Pit boss griddle.
- Make sure you also coat the corners and sides of the Pit boss plate.
- Wait until the surface stops smoking. This is the only way to know that the oil has burned.
- You can repeat the process 4 times.
- In the end, the result will be a blue-black on the Pit boss.
These steps are strongly recommended by the Pit boss griddle in order for you to take care of your Pit boss griddle from the start. it will be easy to clean and maintain in the future and your griddle will last longer.
Moreover, if you don’t season the surface of your Pit boss griddle well, the surface itself will be sticky and the food will be burnt and greasy to harden and stick to the surface.
From the next use, you will only need to do a basic cleaning after each use to keep it in good condition.
Now let’s look at “how to keep your Pit Boss griddle clean!”
How to keep your Pit boss griddle clean for further cooking?
Since you have done all the previous steps, which concern deep cleaning and seasoning. It will be easier for you to clean your Pit boss griddle in the future and maintain it in good condition.
Well! It will be easy
- After cooking, you just wait for it to cool down a bit. But it has to be warm, not cold
- Get a griddle scraper. You can find an offer for a griddle scraper by Pit Boss on their online website. So order over there.
Then, with the scraper, you remove the stuck food and other debris that remains after cooking.
- You can use water to remove the food on the plate with steam.
- Remember to use only water and not soap.
- Then use paper towels to dry the residual water and remove the greasy debris.
- Now use oil and a paper towel or old rag to spread the oil over the plate.
- That’s it for the Pit boss griddle. All that remains is to clean the grease with hot soapy water.
So that’s all about the cleaning method. The main thing to remember about how to clean the Pit boss griddle is to take care of the griddle first. Everything about the maintenance will be easy.
These lengthy steps will ensure a long life for your Pit Boss griddle. And the good thing is that it does not take much time but only 10 minutes. So keep your equipment well maintained and your hygiene too.
Quality food is food made with proper, clean, and well-maintained materials. A clean Pit boss griddle will make your food taste delicious. Always remember that a dirty Pit boss griddle is a griddle that does not work well during cooking. So if you want to have the best food on your table. You know what to do. Get also the best cooking experience with those methods to maintain your materials. A poorly maintained Pit Boss griddle will quickly become damaged and rusty. And this is totally discouraging for cooking. Hence the importance of maintaining all kitchen tools. This will not cause you to lose money.